Thursday, February 12, 2015

How did this get started?

Greetings, everyone!

No, really, I got permission to be here!

Yeah, that sounds about right. Welcome to my long desired discussion on the origins of my books, why I wrote them, what sent me on the path of creating Did You See That?

I'm Joe Sledge, author of Did You See That? A GPS Guide to North Carolina's Out of the Ordinary Attractions and Did You See That? On The Outer Banks. I try to describe my books as offbeat travel, or weird history, or roadside attractions, but they are all that and more. My books not only include a detailed description of some of the many strange and wonderful spots off the side of the road, they also include the latitude and longitude of each place, making it easier to find all the weird things that I searched out over the years. I'll be writing more about the places I've been, what I found, and didn't find, and all the great trips I went on. That I want you, dear reader, to go on as well.

I will begin soon with all the little spots, the tales and bits of history that put me on this path, along with some of the nice little odds and ends that I couldn't share in the books. I wrote them in third person, so they would be less of a journal of my travel life, and more to put you in the tale. 

But I won't be doing this alone, I hope. I certainly will be looking to engage the reader in participating. Feel free to comment, nicely, and I will be glad to discuss all this wonderful stuff with you.

Good Hunting, everyone!
Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment